Monday, January 16, 2006

Magic Money


The man with a spin on everything, Capt. Dan, who I am supposed to be referring to as "smelly, crusty" Capt. Dan, has asked me to take this discussion out of the forum and make it a post.

He has issues he wants aired, but doesn't want to go through the hassle of setting up his own blog. So, to make up for referring to him previously in a manner that has had him publically referred to as a "goon" here we go.



Thu, 12 Jan 2006 4:02 PM
Re: Clarify statement about "disappearing money"

Hi Dorene:

I visited your blogspot entry about a fraud investigation of Mr. Rogers. I'd like to read the entry, but I don't have a password, which appears necessary. Could you provide that to me?

My concern is not with Mr. Rogers, whoever that is, but with this comment about the Mr. Rogers entry from Captain Dan:

Captain Dan said...
That is some pretty strong evidence. Mr. Rogers really stepped in it this time. I wonder if the Feds know about the non-profit link and the disappearing SOS pets money. I will forward you the information, it is very interesting when you piece it together with the other enviro-groups that he is part of that also have disappearing money. I didn't know that you could follow the phone calls on the internet, where did you get that software?

I've lived in Seward for 22 years and I'm the President of SOS Pets.

I would like to know:

What is the password so that I can read your blogspot entry.
Who is Captain Dan so that I might email him or speak to him directly. I'd like to know what he means when he says, "disappearing SOS pets money". I'm also part of a conservation group in town. I'd like to know what he means when he says, "environmental groups that he is a part of that also have disappearing money".

My desire is not to spark a conflict with "Captian Dan", but to discuss his information.

Would you be willing to help me get in touch with "Captain Dan"?

Or do you have any knowledge of what's behind his statement?

Mark Luttrell
prufrock@arctic.net



Fri, 13 Jan 13 2006 - 1:00 PM

Re: Clarify statement about "disappearing money"

Mark,

Will send you the info - am sidetracked at the moment. One of my close friends has passed away two days ago, looks like he may have been murdered. He has no family up here and resolving his personal/professional issues is taking up all my time and energy at the moment.

Dorene
DoreneMLorenz@aol.com




Sun, 15 Jan 15 2006 - 5:20 PM
Re: "disappearing money"

You don't need to bother replying to Mark, Dorene. He knows EXACTLY what is going on since he is in the middle of it all.

Yes, Mark, people do notice a scam.

Did I just hear a shredding machine start up? Mark, you may want to lick the end of your pencil to sharpen it for when you have to explain the magic math.

SOS Pets brings in a lot of money in donations, but if you go to the state of Alaska website and look up their filing - they suggest they have a big goose egg. So does the other non-profit that Mark is head of.

Both organizations recently filed ammendments allowing them to transfer their funds to other organizations, and thus the shell game beings.

SOS actively solicits funds to buy dog food, but if you go to the website of the place they get their dog food from you find that company graciously gives away its food for free to non-profits - they even pay for the shipping!

Amazing how right after the City Electric workers do a fundraising drive people are turned away who request assistance for shots and spaying. Lots of thanks given to the Electric Workers -naught!

It is a shame you have been hiding out in Seward for 22 years, we should have run you out of town a long time ago. Care to go crab fishing?

Captain Dan
akcrabkiller@yahoo.com
"I may be old but I'm not senile"

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't think he has lived here 22 years and what6 the hell does that have to do with anything?

Anonymous said...

Being an animal lover and having donated to S.O.S. for pets before, I wanted to know what all the fuss was about. So I went to the state of Alaska web sight and did a Corporation search and looked up S.O.S.. They did file an amendment in 2002 and it is the disulitioon clause I am worried about which gives all the funds to Animal Friends of Homer, who according to their web sight, doesn't help outside the Homer area. It also sounds like they can give money to just about any non profit. In 2001 S.O.S. filled their nonprofit byennial report saying they had $7407.44, but every year after that there is a big fat 0 listed for amount of money they have. In 2001 the non profit group "Eastern Kenai Peninsula Environmental Action Association" Listed they had $20,000 in 2001 but every year aafter that they listed they didn't have any money. Mark is both the president and tresurer of both organizations. So that is what the hell Mark has to do with this.
I also checked what a letter rip in the Seward paper a couple of month ago said about the budjet for the animal shelter being $81,000 for 2006 and it is true. My question is with all these funds available why does the animal shelter adopted out puppies with distemper why were they not vaccinated?
O ya, also public information is Marks criminal past. Is it a good idea to have somebody with Crim mischief and theft 3rd degree in charge of large sums of money???

Anonymous said...

Holy Shit!!! Wow!!! Sounds like something the Feds should be investigating!!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for forwarding me the Anonymous thing I still cant find it on your web sight, but before i get on a roll with this Anonymous thing I wanted to tell you that i really like that picture of the box car and wish i would have taken one before they hauled it away - but i allready told you that. But it got me thinking when i first moved to town we rented a little house on the grade school side of the Jessly Lea home. It was on the Jessly Lee property and matched the Jessly Lee home - it was the grounds keepers house or something. I know it is a long shot but do you have a picture of it?
 
I want to let Russ know i didn't post that without pissing him off. He is kind of scaring me - He said i did and said a lot of mean things i didn't  - He thinks i lied about being broken into. He says i told him word for word what is in the comments AND I NEVER TOLD HIM ANY OF THAT. That is weird. I think he is telling Chelsie, Jen & Mark (All of whome i am geting along with) that i said things i didn't. It is some highschool , no grade school, way of getting them on "his side " because he feels I am not,  because i talk to you. In my responce I will point out that you have never asked me anything about his business (I don't know anything about his buisness but he thinks I have been your spy) and you haven't said anything bad about him.
 
He talks down to me (always making comments about me being an airhead) In fact that is why he is sure i made those comments - guess they missspelled a few things. He says bad stuff about my husband and I don't feel like hearing it anymore. I wish he could just get happy.
 
Becky

Dorene Lorenz said...

Becky,

I am sorry that you are having difficulties in your relationship with Russ, but keep in mind that he isn't healthy, hasn't been healthy for a long time, and when people are in pain they tend to strike out and do/say things they never would have done under better circumstances.

It is a reflection of the human condition, and I am sure not a true reflection of how Russ feels about you.

Regardless of his ailment, there is no reason for him to be verbally abusive towards you, and I would recommend you calmly discuss that with him - he probably is unaware that you are finding his playful banter offensive.

I believe that if you go to vilda.alaska.edu you can find an amazing range of Seward photos that are being archived at various locations around the state. You may find photos of the building you are looking for there.

I am sorry that I cannot share with you the protected information on my blog, it is protected for a reason and I am afraid some of the other members of the group did not feel comfortable about adding you.

Please don't take it personally, there are a number of things embedded in the code of my blog that are not for public consumption, but shared among members in common. A multi-national message board if you will. I assure you that none of the discussion are about you or your store.

I am afraid I don't know who Chelsie is, and I have never had the pleasure of Mark's acquaintance. I know that some of our members have made less than kind references about Mark's accounting practicies - but keep in mind that at this point it is just conjecture - innocent until proven guilty in this country.

I am sure when the Feds are through with their investigation everything will come out in the wash. I know that some of our members have been interviewed and they have discussed elements of these interviews in the protected forum, but I am not able to release those details.

Dorene Lorenz