Monday, August 29, 2005

Flicka Red is a Carnie


I don't know why I didn't see this one coming. It is not that wild of a ride.

Casmir was advising how the fortune teller told her that she was going to have two daughters, get married between 25-27, and be a model when Sara Nan piped up that she knew how to read Tarot Cards.

She learned it from a gypsy when she was a carnie.

Didn't bat an eye at this one.

Our redheaded friend advised that when she was a small child she ran away from home to the local amusements family, the Mortons. Now I recall Jackie Morton from high school, she was a year older than me and was drop-dead gorgeous with an amazing singing voice to boot. Her family owned Golden Wheel Amusements.

Same family. Apparently Sara's mother wasn't particularly bothered by the fact that she ran away from home - she drove over her toothbrush and a change of clothes and made her sleep in the Morton house.

"But", Sara advises with the voice of great mystery," before my mother busted me the old gypsy taught me to read tarot cards and she told me that you have to be given cards - you can't just buy them"

I asked if it would be okay if I bought the cards and gave them to her. She thought about it for a split second and suggested that would be fine. Stay tuned for more details once the snow flies and we get bored.

No comments: