Monday, September 12, 2005

Dona Walker and the New Porsche


A 16 year old boy came home with a new Porsche and his parents questioned him, "Son, where did you get that car?"

He calmly told them, "I bought it today."

"With what money?" demanded his parents. "We know that Porsches cost a lot more money than you have saved."

"Well", said the boy, "this one cost me $15."

His parents began to panic and asked, "Who would sell a car like that for $15?"

"It was the lady up the street and I don't know her name - they just moved in a week or so ago. She saw me ride past on my bike and asked me if I wanted to buy a Porsche for $15."

"Oh my goodness," moaned the mother to the boy's father, "John, you go right up there and see what's going on." So the boy's father walked up the street where the lady lived and found her out in the yard calmly planting petunias. He introduced himself as the father of the boy to whom she had just sold her Porsche for $15 and demanded to know what was going on.

"Well, I'll tell you. This morning I got a phone call from my husband. I thought he was on a business trip, but learned from a friend that he'd run off to Hawaii with his secretary. The secretary took all his money and left him after they arrived. He called me and claimed he was robbed and stranded and asked me to sell his new Porsche and send him the money. So, I did."

3 comments:

Dave Knechel said...

You know, Dorene, I recall an incident here in the early eighties. True story. The Orlando Sentinel reported on a local woman who placed a classified ad in the paper selling her husband's BMW for $50 in a divorce case. It was his car and was part of the settlement. Whatever she sold it for, they had to split 50/50. I don't remember all of the details, but he was very upset over it, much to her chagrin.

Dorene Lorenz said...

Hilarious! What some people will do just to be spiteful. Call Jerry Springer.

Anonymous said...

First time here.
I'm cracking up :)